Dental Implants in Chicago, IL
High-Quality Titanium Dental Implants
Having missing teeth can hurt your confidence in your smile. But more importantly, having gaps in your smile can cause annoying, embarrassing dental problems that can keep you from your active lifestyle. To help his patients live their lives to the fullest, Dr. Gromov and his expert dental team at Specialty Smiles offer dental implants — the highest quality dental restoration available.
Dental implants are a tooth-replacement solution that takes the place of your natural tooth root. Our dentist uses biocompatible titanium rods that bond directly to your jawbone. This integration allows your dental implants to look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth.
Discover how our patients benefit from dental implants by reading our guide below.
Why Dentists Prefer Dental Implants
Dr. Gromov recommends dental implants to most patients who’ve lost teeth for the following benefits:
- Durable — Implants are the longest-lasting method of restoring teeth because they take the place of your natural tooth root. They can remain sturdily in your smile for a lifetime with the proper care.
- Retains bone structure — When your jawbone and the titanium implant bond, the process stimulates bone cell growth and stops degradation.
- Natural-looking — Our customizable dental crowns sit atop your implant. They’re the only visible part of your restoration, so they’ll look and feel comfortable.
- Easily maintained — It’s easy to care for your dental implants — just brush and floss twice every day to keep your implants spotless and healthy. Dr. Gromov also recommends scheduling routine appointments every six months at one of our three convenient Chicago-area locations.
The Dental Implants Process
We have several steps to take to prepare your smile for your implants. However, the process generally takes between 3 and 6 months to complete depending on how many implants you need.
Your journey to a new smile begins with a meticulous cleaning of your teeth and gums. At this time, our dentist will examine your oral health and bone structure using dental technology to help us determine the density of your jawbone. We’ll also diagnose and treat any necessary dental problems during your initial appointment.
Patients who’ve been missing teeth for a while lose bone structure beneath the empty socket. In these cases, our dentist will recommend a supplemental procedure, such as bone grafting, to give you the strongest foundation for your implants.
The Placement Procedure
Once we’ve assessed your teeth/jaw and created a treatment plan, we’ll schedule your implant placement appointment. A member of our team will deep-clean your teeth again before Dr. Gromov attaches the titanium rod directly to your jawbone. We’ll finish this initial procedure by placing your temporary crowns on your implant. We don’t make the temporary crown. Temporary crowns should be made by a general dentist before implant procedure appointment.
Finalizing Your Dental Implants
After your healing period is complete we will not place your permanent crowns. Permanent crowns will be placed by your general dentist. These crowns attach to your implant to recreate the structure of your natural teeth.
Our dental prosthetic specialists will personalize your crowns to blend seamlessly with your appearance. Our devoted team is excited to help brighten your appearance and achieve your dream smile.
Dental Implant Care
Your dental implants can be a lifelong solution to tooth loss with the proper care. Fortunately, it’s easy to care for your implants. Read our dentist’s tips for dental implant care below:
- Brush with non-whitening fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush twice a day or after meals.
- Floss every day, being careful not to snap it down onto your gums.
- Schedule routine maintenance appointments at Specialty Smiles every six months.
Learn More About Dental Implants at Specialty Smiles
Many dentists consider dental implants to be the gold standard of restorative dentistry — they’re reliable, sturdy, and trusted by dental professionals all around the world! At Specialty Smiles, our dentist truly believe that implants can change your life. Discover the benefits by scheduling your consultation. Contact us today at (312) 878-1508 to speak to one of our helpful team members.